Tuesday, December 2, 2014

Not a Broken Heart

My mom called me yesterday with an amazing...and frightening...story. She related to me that on November 23rd this year, she experienced a severe pain in her chest. She checked into the ER, suspecting that she might be having a heart attack

An ECG confirmed that no, she was very healthy and the cause of her pain was deemed a "mystery". After she settled down she thought about it, and realized with a shock, that the time of the onset of the pain corresponded precisely...to the minute...of my dad's death (of kidney failure) 51 years ago! 

She then asked me what I thought of this...and the best I could come up with was, "Maybe it was a case of anxiety memory?" She did not sound convinced, preferring to keep her thoughts on this to herself.

 She did not sound convinced, preferring to keep her thoughts on this to herself.
Have you ever had an experience like this? 

I told her that this story sent chills up and down my spine, and that it would most likely be included in "Book 3" of the "Dancing with Rejection: A Beginner's Guide to Immortality" trilogy. Man, what a zinger!

I told her that this story sent chills up and down my spine

No comments:

Post a Comment