Thursday, March 2, 2017

Nostalgic Painting (from "down on the farm")

Now, after the brief departure to SHARE some GOOD NEWS for PLANET EARTH, how about getting back to GaudetArt?

Here is a recent painting... created in 2017...that recreates a "nostalgic" image that hearkens back to circa 1950. My wife Sharon showed me this photo that pictures her nervously holding the family rooster, named "Chico", in her outstretched hand.

"Chico" was so heavy that Sharon's grandmother can be seen stage right...helping bear the weight.
"Chico" was too heavy for Sharon to hold up on her own, so her grandmother can be observed helping her. Or at least, her hand protrudes into the picture frame from the right.

I enjoyed painting this whimsical image, based on the vintage black and white photo furnished by Sharon. I think her mom gave this, among others, to her. Or possibly, Sharon raided the family photo album. I'll have to ask her about that.


About the Artist: 
Thrilled to finally hold the 1st Proof Copies of "Dancing comwith Rejection: A Beginner's Guide to Immortality" in my hands. Click on this link to purchase your copy today in your choice of 3 formats.

No comments:

Post a Comment