Tuesday, January 30, 2018

A Proud Metis Artist / Author

With a surname like "Gaudet" it will be no big surprise that there is a "Metis" connection.

Indeed, in the very opening pages of  my first book (Attention: LIVE LINK) "Dancing with Rejection: A Beginner's Guide to Immortality" there are very pointed references to my proud Metis heritage!

At a LIVE Reading/Signing ... at World Famous Danceland, Manitou Beach, SK.
(left to right: Me, Matthew Grandguillot, August Grandguillot)

Later, towards the end of my second book (Again, the LIVE LINK) "A Work in Progress: The Life my Brother Saved" there is a lucid recollection of my eldest brother telling the story, that he heard from a cousin, of the G-G-G-G-G-G-Grandfather So-and-So Gaudet who hooked up with a Mi'kmaq woman, and the rest . is. history!

"Vision"
Here is a sneak preview of the artwork created in collaboration with First Nations' Medicine Man and close friend the late Douglas Severight. This artwork (called, simply, "Vision") and its story loom large in "A Work in Progress: The Life my Brother Saved".


Saskatchewan-based Story-Teller (and host of Shaw TV "Lit Happens") holds copies of book 1 and 2.

When you hear the recently taped "Lit Happens" segment (once it comes out) you will hear the host Danica Lorer  refer to me as a "Proud Metis Man". Now that the oral history referred to above will be in the public domain, my claim to my proud Metis heritage is official.

Standing with the "Dancing..." banner...


About the Artist/Author: To Read More, Please Visit mrgaudet.com

2 comments:

  1. Michael congratulations on your second book! Absolutely love your painting "Vision"! Hope you do more of these! My late husband Bill was Metis.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you my dear Cat. My brother Doug told us the complete, unabridged story of our family "Metis" connection the last time we were out East, and this story is featured in Book 2! So, it is now time to put the rumors to rest and to stand up as a proud Metis. Hey, pretty cool that Bill was also Metis. It's a small world!

      Delete