Friday, January 19, 2018

Quality or Quantity? Re: Book Sales

Last week a friend of mine in Boulder, CO. requested that I ship her six copies of my first two books. 4 copies of "Dancing with Rejection: A Beginner's Guide to Immortality" and 2 copies of  "A Work in Progress: The Life my Brother Saved".

Holding a copy of my first book "Dancing with Rejection".

 While this in itself is nothing extraordinary... though I deeply appreciate EVERY SINGLE book sale (more on that later) ... the reason why I am pointing this out to my readers is that in this case, the books are destined to be button-holed into the hands of BOOK CLUB MEMBERS.

My friend (Best-Selling Author) Carey Rigby-Wilcox holds a copy of my second book "A Work in Progress".


Do you know what this could mean?

According to the lady from Boulder (who shall remain unnamed) her intention is to FAN the FLAME under these two books. Not literally of course, that would NOT be a good thing.

In my patron's words, " You've sold a hell of a lot of book and you only have 4 reviews?!?! Well, that's un-American and probably un-Canadian! The book is incredible by the way. I am shocked you couldn't get it published. They are fools to have passed up the chance. It's brilliantly written."

Thank you for that! However, I must add, that I did not approach traditional publishers with my manuscript(s). I am REALLY ONSIDE with the self-publishing phenom. That is another whole different post!

In case you, dear reader, are empathizing with the part about REVIEWS, please feel free to rectify that situation by logging on to my Amazon.com landing pages for book 1 and book 2. Any and all reviews are always welcome.

Now, back to the EXCITING PROSPECT of my books landing in the hands of BOOK CLUB MEMBERS in Colorado. That potentially EXPLOSIVE development has left my head swimming, I won't lie.

You can rest assured that I will let you know what, if anything, comes of this in the coming weeks!


             




About the Artist/Author:     Please Visit www.mrgaudet.com to Read More.

No comments:

Post a Comment