Friday, January 16, 2015

Face-to-Face Meeting Yields Positive Results

I am rapidly discovering that the key to huge progress is making face-to-face contact with certain power-brokers who are in a position to help with the "Dancing with Rejection" project. This morning I met with Kathi Lewis, Head of Volunteer Services at St. Paul's Hospital in Saskatoon. She was extremely enthusiastic even BEFORE I read her a sample chapter. After the reading, I could sense her excitement growing.

 The key to garner support to reach out to certain people for face-to-face contact.

What started out as a simple request for a public book reading seems to be blossoming into a full-blown sanctioned "Event". To paraphrase Kathi, "This is much bigger than that".


1 comment:

  1. Every time I "come out" with this writing project (Dancing with Rejection) to the right people, it fortifies my determination to forge ahead, with a vengeance. This morning's meeting was VERY telling in this respect, as I witnessed Kathi's excitement go from subdued to full-blown. Makes me wonder, is it premature for me to get just as excited? Answer: Totally.

    ReplyDelete