Sunday, January 11, 2015

Swapping the Wannabe Screw-Up for Professionals

On Friday, I met with the sales rep from a printer in Saskatoon. This company has specialized in all the commercial printing jobs you would expect, along with a cutting-edge book printing service. I was assured that if I decide to go ahead with them, I would have a 100% finished interior formatting within one-two weeks.
After that is all sorted out, in another scant one to two weeks, they would have as many copies as desired printed and in my hands.

After repeated broken promises from my former "editor" (I fired her) I got a very reassuring reality check from a professional printer in Saskatoon. Take-away? For best results, make it face-to-face.

This news was a great relief, as for the past couple of months, I have been basically held hostage by an alleged "editor" who continued to jerk me around with repeated broken promises and missed deadlines. Man, I felt so helpless as I waited in vain for concrete results.

Here I thought getting the first copy proofs in my hands would signal a rapid chain of events towards publication. Maybe so, with dependable colleagues. With screw-ups, not so much.

It was only after several weeks of discouragement that I realized that I did not need the stress and bullshit. On that fateful day, I decided to launch the GoFundMe campaign that, after a short three weeks, has generated over 30% of the budget needed to self-finance the production and publication of Book 1 of the "Dancing with Rejection" trilogy!

Just as important, over 115 people have generously decided to "SHARE" the link. So now, thousands and thousands of people have laid eyes on my story.

Please, copy this link and share it with your friends.

http://www.gofundme.com/DancingwRejection

THANK YOU for all of the amazing, inspiring, support!


No comments:

Post a Comment